打开APP
userphoto
未登录

开通VIP,畅享免费电子书等14项超值服

开通VIP
一生必读的10篇英语经典美文,背完口语棒棒哒(附音频)

The Last Leaf 

最后的一片叶



I saw him once before, as he passed by the door

他曾从门前经过,我在一旁观望

And again, the pavement stones resound

如今,石板路又哒哒作响

As he totters o'er the ground with his cane

他蹒跚走来,手里拄着拐杖

They say that in his prime

人们说他当时年轻力壮

Ere the pruning-knife of time cut him down

时光的剪刀虽有锐利锋芒,尚未削去他的青春模样

Not a better man was found

周围的人们有口皆碑

By the Crier on his round through the town

满城数他最为善良

But now he walks the streets

如今,他却在街头流浪

And he looks at all he meets sad and wan

看着别人的面孔,憔悴忧伤

And he shakes his feeble head

虚弱的脑袋,不断摇晃

That it seems as if he said, 'They are gone!'

似乎在说:“他们已不在世上”?

The mossy marbles rest on the lips that he has prest in their bloom

他曾热吻过的姑娘,就在这墓中安葬

And the names he loved to hear have been carved for many a year on the tomb

一块生苔的石碑,立在墓旁,刻着他所爱慕的芳名,岁月悠长

My grandmamma has said-- poor old lady, she is dead, long ago--

我年迈的祖母久已过世,话音还在耳边回荡

That he had a Roman nose

说他长着高高的鼻梁

And his cheek was like a rose in the snow

说他的面颊像一朵玫瑰,在雪中绽放

But now his nose is thin, and it rests upon his chin like a staff

可是现在,他的鼻子干瘪瘦长,贴近下巴像纤细的棍棒

And a crook is in his back, and a melancholy crack in his laugh

弯腰驼背,沙哑的笑声带着不尽的凄凉

I know it is a sin for me to sit and grin at him here

坐着笑看他的模样,一种负罪的感觉在我心底隐藏

But the old three-cornered hat

可那破旧的尖顶小帽

And the breeches, and all that

还有马裤,所有的衣装

Are so queer!

实在是奇形怪状!

And if I should live to be

假如我的生命十分久长

The last leaf upon the tree in the spring

能够成为最后的叶片挂在春天的树上

Let them smile, as I do now

让人们冲着我悬挂的残枝发笑吧

At the old forsaken bough where I cling

就像我现在这样那残枝久已被人们淡忘

 I Saw Thee Weep

我曾见你哭泣


I saw thee weep---the big bright tear came o'er that eye of blue

我曾见你哭泣,碧眼里晶莹的泪珠滚落下来

And then me thought it did appear a violet dropping dew

那简直是紫罗兰滴露,我不禁这样冥想暗猜

I saw thee smile---the sapphire's blaze beside thee ceased to shine

我曾见你微笑,绚丽的蓝宝石辉耀不再

It could not match the living rays that filled that glance of thine

难比那灵动的光芒充满你顾盼的神态

As clouds from yonder sun receive a deep and mellow dye

犹如云朵面朝太阳,借得深沉、柔和的色彩

Which scarce the shade of coming eve can banish from the sky

即使黄昏将至的阴影也无法把它驱除天外

Those smiles unto the moodiest mind, their own pure joy impart

那微笑向我郁闷的内心,注入清纯的欢快

Their sunshine leaves a glow behind that lightens o'er the heart

Forever Eighteen

永远十八岁


The years may come and the years may go

花开花落,韶华易逝
But many things still stay the same
许多事物却依旧如故
Just like the beautiful young woman
正如这位姿容绰约的女士
Whom I chose to share my name
这位我最初相识相知的人
Each year we grow a little older
无奈,岁月催人老
And our eyesight may not be as keen
视线,也变得模糊
But when I look at my lovely wife
但每当我凝视可爱的妻子时
She is always forever eighteen
她却好似永远定格在十八岁
I look forward to many more birthdays
我渴望和她度过无尽余生
With my best friend, my lover, my wife
只因她是挚友,亦是爱人
And I thank God he brought us together
感恩上帝让我们彼此相遇
And made me happy for the rest of my life
感恩上帝让我们快乐永生
As we continue to grow old together
我们会继续一起变老
And share what life has to bring
一起回顾生活的百味
We'll get slower, grayer with more wrinkles,
我们会变得行动迟缓,华发苍颜
But you'll always forever be eighteen
但于我来说,你永远停留在十八岁

 Miss Me, But Let Me Go

想念我,但是让我走

When I come to the end of the road

当我走到了路的尽头

And the sun has set for me

太阳为我落下

I want no rites in a gloom-filled room

请不要给我那充满忧伤的仪式

Why cry for a soul set free?

为什么要为一个获得自由的灵魂而哭泣?

Miss me a little -- but not too long

想念我一点点,但不要太久

And not with your head bowed low

不要低头沮丧

Remember the love that we once shared

记住我们曾一起享有过的爱

Miss me -- but let me go

想念我,但是让我走

For this is a journey that we all must take

这是我们都必经的旅程

And each must go alone

每个人必须独自走到尽头

It's all a part of the Master's plan

这是上天意旨的一部分

A step on the road to home

是通往家的路的一步

When you are lonely and sick of heart

当你孤独心痛

Go to the friends we know

去找那些我们认识的朋友

And bury your sorrows in doing good deeds

请把你的悲伤埋葬在帮助他人的善行中

Miss Me -- But Let me Go!

想念我,但是让我走

Be the Best of Whatever You Are 

做最好的自己


If you can't be a pine on the top of the hill

如果你当不了山巅的一棵劲松

Be a scrub in the valley

就做山谷里的灌木

But be the best little scrub by the side of the rill

但一定要做溪边最棒的一棵

Be a bush if you can't be a tree

当不了一棵树,就做一丛灌木

If you can't be a bush, be a bit of grass

如果你当不了灌木,就做一株小草

And some highway happier make

给路边带去更多欢笑

If you can't be a muskie then just be a bass

如果你当不了大梭鱼,就做一尾小鲈鱼

But the liveliest bass in the lake

但要做湖里最活泼的那条

We can't all be captains, we've got to be crew

我们不能全当船长,总得有人做船员

There's something for all of us here

但我们每个人都有事可做

There's big work to do, and there's lesser to do

有大事去做,有小事去做

And the task you must do is the near

我们必须着眼于眼前

If you can't be a highway then just be a trail

如果你当不了大道,就做一条小径

If you can't be the sun, be a star

如果你当不了太阳,就做一颗星星

It isn't by size that you win or you fail

胜负不在于大小

Be the best of whatever you are!

不论做什么,一定要做到最好

What are the 10 hardest things in life?

生活中最艰难的10件事是什么?


1. To decide whether to 'leave' or 'try harder'.

决定是“离开”还是“更加努力”。

2. Quit a good money job to pursue one's dreams.

辞掉高薪工作去追求自己的梦想。

3. Apologize to people you have hurt.

向你曾伤害过的人道歉。

4. Admit your own mistakes.

承认自己的错误。

5. Staying positive when you have lost everything you ever had.

拥有过的一切都轰然倒塌时,依然乐观向上。

6. Living away from family.

离家生活。

7. Bouncing back when you have fall rock bottom.

当你坠入人生低谷时重新振作。

8. Making others smile when one has not smiled for ages.

让一个很久没有笑过的人笑出来。

9. Keep a low profile despite being extremely knowledgeable about his/her profession.

尽管自己在专业相关领域知识非常渊博,却仍能保持低调。

10. Attending a loved one's funeral.

出席所爱之人的葬礼。

When you face above things, firstly, you have to know, you must accept the fact.

如果你遇到了上述的事情,首先,你需要知道,你必须接受这个事实。

Some people are just not meant to be in your life.

有些人只是命中注定不属于你。

Everything happens for a reason, every damn thing.

每件事都事出有因,每件事。

People want you to do well but not better than them.

别人希望你做得好,但是不要比他们更好。

Of course, when you experience above things, you could come to a decision:

当然,当你经历了以上的事情中的一件或者两件,你会得出一个结论:

no matter 10 or 100 hardest things like list,

无论10件或是100件类似于我们列出的最艰难的事情,

in fact, just the two most difficult things in your heart, persevering and letting go.

事实上,仅仅有两件事情你迈不过自己那道坎——坚持不懈和放手离开。

At last, if you ask me is there anything harder than them?

最后,如果你问我还有什么事情比这些更难吗?

I could tell you one thing ultimate hard, know when to do and what to do.

我可以告诉你,还有一件顶级难的事情——知道什么时候该做什么事。

 Let it Be Me

让我爱着你


I bless the day I found you

感谢上天让我遇到你

I want to stay around you

我想和你一起厮守

Now and forever

不管天荒地老

Let it be me

让我爱着你

Don't take this heaven from one

不要让我的梦想破灭

If you must cling to someone

如果你真的需要温暖怀抱

Now and forever

不管天荒地老

Let it be me

让我爱着你

Each time we need love

当生命中出现爱

I found complete love

那一定是完整的爱

Without your sweet love

没有你的甜美笑容

For what would life be

我的生活将暗无天日

So never leave me lonely

请不要离开我

Say that you love me only

说你只爱我一人

And that you'll always

并且你会永远

Let it be me

让我爱着你

Say you will always

并且你会永远

Let it be me

让我爱着你

Happy Wedding Anniversary

结婚纪念日快乐


A rose for every year

每一年的那支玫瑰

Many smiles for every tear

每滴泪水都为笑容

Way more of the first than ever of the latter

比起前者更优先后者

What's deep in our hearts is all that really matters

内心深处才是我们重要的一切

We've learned a lot, yet still a lot to learn

我们学到了很多,但还有很多要学

For that 'smile in your eyes' my heart still yearns

“你眼中的笑意”仍是我内心的渴望

Keep giving me a chance to show you my love

请给我机会让我继续表达我对你的爱

We've always found a way to rise above

我们总是能找到克服问题的方法

We know what we have and we've made it this far

我们知晓我们所拥有的一切并走到了现在

We often say to each other just how lucky we are

我们总是和彼此诉说自己有多么幸运

To have what we have when we look in their eyes

当我们看向他们的目光,我们就拥有了一切

We both know we've been given the ultimate prize

我们都知晓我们已经得到了最棒的战利品

A family who cares and can say how they feel

一个互相关爱、直言不讳的家

There is no doubt this family is real

毫无疑问这个家是存在的

It's a life full of hustle that is crazy sometimes

有时生活奔波而疯狂

But I can honestly say these are the 'BEST of times'

但我会诚实地说这些都是“最棒的时光”

You have in your heart what I can't live without

你的心中拥有我赖以生存的力量

These past few years have been so special to me

过去的几年对我而言都是那么独一无二

I think I see now what everyone else can see

我想我知晓了每个人都能看到的一切

HAPPY WEDDING ANNIVERSARY

结婚纪念日快乐

For it is a pleasant day 

今天是美好的一天


Come, my children, come away

来啊孩子们,出来玩

For the sun shines bright today

今天的阳光无比灿烂

Little children come with me

小朋友们,快跟我来

Birds, and brooks, and posies see

鸟儿小溪鲜花多可爱

Get your hats and come away

快拿好帽子,出来玩

For it is a pleasant day

今天是美好的一天

Everything is laughing, singing

四处都是欢歌和笑语

All the pretty flowers are springing

花儿开放,桃红柳绿

See the kitten full of fun

快来看那可爱的小猫

Sporting in the pleasant sun

在阳光下面尽情奔跑

Children too may sport and play

孩子们啊,快出来玩

For it is a pleasant day

今天是美好的一天

Bring the hoop and bring the ball

拿出皮球,拿出铁环

Come with happy faces all

小朋友们都喜眉笑眼

Let us make a merry ring

兴高采烈站成一个圈

Talk and laugh, and dance and sing

跳舞唱歌,欢笑交谈

Quickly, quickly, come away

快啊,快啊,出来玩

For it is a pleasant day

今天是美好的一天


A letter to our daughter 

扎克伯格写给刚出生小女儿的信

A

letter to our daughter

一封给我们女儿的信

Dear August,

亲爱的八月:

Welcome to the world!

欢迎来到这个世界!

Your mom and I are so excited to see who you will become.

我和你妈妈迫不及待地想要知道你会成长为一个怎样的人。

When your sister was born, we wrote a letter about the world we hoped she and now you will grow up into

你姐姐出生的时候,我们给她写了一封信,告诉她我们希望她在怎样的一个世界里成长。现在,你也将要在这个我们希冀中的世界里成长。

a world with better education, fewer diseases, stronger communities, and greater equality.

在这个世界里,教育更完善,疾病更少,社会更团结,也更公平。

We wrote that with all the advances in science and technology,

我们写道,因为科学和技术的进步,

your generation should live dramatically better lives than ours, and we have a responsibility to do our part to make that happen.

你们这一代人的生活应当远远好于我们,我们有责任将这个愿景实现。

Even though headlines often focus on what's wrong, we still believe these positive trends will win out.

虽然人们经常关注负面消息,但我们仍相信进步的趋势会占上风。

We're optimists about your generation and the future.

我们对你们这一代人、对未来都十分乐观。

But rather than write about growing up, we want to talk about childhood.

不过,相较于成长的话题,我们还是更想跟你说说童年。

The world can be a serious place.

世界终究是个严肃的地方。

That's why it's important to make time to go outside and play.

所以抓紧时间出去玩耍很重要。

You will be busy when you're older, so I hope you take time to smell all the flowers and put all the leaves you want in your bucket now.

一旦长大,你就会变得很忙。所以我希望你能尽情地去嗅嗅所有的花朵,把你喜欢的叶子都放进小桶里。

I hope you read your favorite Dr. Seuss books so many times you start inventing your own stories about the Vipper of Vipp.

我希望你能翻来覆去读你最爱的苏斯博士的书,直到你灵感涌动,开始创造自己关于Vipper of Vipp的故事。

I hope you ride the carousel with Max until you've tamed every color horse.

我希望你跟Max(扎克伯格的大女儿)一起骑旋转木马,直到你们驯服每一匹彩色马为止。

I hope you run as many laps around our living room and yards as you want.

我希望你可以在我们的客厅和后院里自由奔跑,想跑多少圈就跑多少圈。

And then I hope you take a lot of naps. I hope you're a great sleeper.

我还希望你能好好睡觉。我希望你是一个能睡的小姑娘。

And I hope even in your dreams you can feel how much we love you.

我希望即使在梦里,你依然能感受到爸爸妈妈是多么爱你。

Childhood is magical. You only get to be a child once, so don't spend it worrying too much about the future.

童年时光充满魔力。你只有一次童年,别把它都花在担心未来上。

You've got us for that, and we'll do everything we possibly can

那些事情,留给爸爸妈妈,我们会竭尽所能地

to make sure the world is a better place for you and all children in your generation.

让这个世界变得更好,为了你,也为你们这一代的所有小朋友。

August, we love you so much and we're so excited to go on this adventure with you.

宝贝,爸爸妈妈非常爱你,我们满心激动地和你踏上这段探险旅程。

We wish you a life of joy, love and the same hope you give us.

祝愿你这一生欢喜、有爱,充满希望,如同你带给我们的一样。

Love, Mom and Dad

爱你的,妈妈爸爸


本站仅提供存储服务,所有内容均由用户发布,如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击举报
打开APP,阅读全文并永久保存 查看更多类似文章
猜你喜欢
类似文章
【热】打开小程序,算一算2024你的财运
泰戈尔-飞鸟集中英文版全
爱情语录Top 100 Love Quotes of All Time
泰戈尔 <<飞 鸟 集>>261----325
英语书信范文精选
【献给白色情人节】我心属于你 My Heart Belongs To You(转载)
一组Hayley Westenra的歌
更多类似文章 >>
生活服务
热点新闻
分享 收藏 导长图 关注 下载文章
绑定账号成功
后续可登录账号畅享VIP特权!
如果VIP功能使用有故障,
可点击这里联系客服!

联系客服