I get on work at 8:30 am and get off work at 6 pm.我上午七点上班,下午六点上班。下班还可以说:
be off from work: 下班
Wait me for a moment. I'll be off from work soon.等我一会,我马上下班了。比较俚语式的表达:
knock off the day: 结束一天的工作, 下班
What time do you knock off the day? I'll pick you up. 你什么时候结束工作? 我来接你。上班和下班“打卡”的英语不同:
clock in:上班打卡
clock out:下班打卡
02.上下班途中
commute between places: 乘(交通工具)在...之间往返
I have to commute between Beijing and Hebei everyday.我每天都在北京和河北间往返。
commute from (some place): 从...去公司/学校
It takes me half an hour to commute from my home for work.我上班要花半小时在路上。
hit a traffic jam: 遇上堵车
I hit a traffic jam. I'll be late for like ten minutes.我遇上堵车了。我会迟到大概十分钟。
cram into a bus:挤公交
cram: 是“塞”的意思,挤公交, 挤地铁...时不就是往车里“塞”么I cramed myself into the subway to avoid being late.为了不迟到我挤进了地铁。The bus is crammed with people and I can't even breathe.公交车上挤满了人,我都不能呼吸了。 03.上完一天班之后...
be burned out from work:累瘫了, 透支了
I'm burned out from work and I'm not gonna cook today.我今天上班累死了,我不做饭了。