未登录

开通VIP,畅享免费电子书等14项超值服

开通VIP
14个工作习惯测试你是否喜欢自己的工作


1. You don’t talk about other people; you talk about the cool things other people are doing.

1.你不谈论别人;你只谈论别人做的那些很酷的事儿。


“I hear Mary is heading up a new project. What are they working on?” “I’d love to know how Mike managed to rescue that customer relationship.” “Sherry developed a new sales channel; is there some way we can leverage that?”


“我听说玛丽准备做一个新的项目。他们在干些什么啊?”“我很想知道麦克那次是怎么做到拯救客户关系的。”“雪莉发展了一条新的销售渠道;我们有什么办法能借用它吗?”


When you love your job you don’t gossip about the personal failings of others. You talk about their successes, because you’re happy for them – and because you’re happy with yourself.


当你热爱你的工作时,你不会对别人个人的失败品头论足。你只会谈论他们的成功,因为你为他们感到高兴——也因为你为自己感到高兴。


2. You leave work with items on your to-do list you’re excited about tackling tomorrow.

2.如果你下班时待办列表上还有许多事要做,你会非常期待明天去处理。


Many people cross the “fun” tasks off their to-do lists within the first hour or two.


许多人在工作的前两个小时就把那些“有趣的”工作先做掉了。


You often have cool stuff – new initiatives, side projects, hunches you want to confirm with data, people you want to talk to – left over when it’s time to go home.


你经常会有许多很酷的事——新的策划、支援型项目、需要验证的数据、你想要交谈的人——在下班时会做剩下。


3. You see your internal and external customers not as people to satisfy but simply as people.

3.你不是把你的客户当作要去满足的人,而是简单地当作一个人来看待。


They aren't numbers. You think of them as real people who have real needs.


他们不是数字。你把他们看作是具有真实需求的真正的人。


And you gain a real sense of fulfillment and purpose from taking care of those needs.


你通过满足他们的需求能够获得真正的满足和动力。


4. You enjoy your time at work.

4.工作时很开心。


You don't have to put in time at work and then escape to life to be happy. You believe in enjoying life and enjoying work.


你不需要在工作时全身投入,然后从业余生活中寻找乐趣。你相信你能够享受生活、享受工作。


When you love your job, it’s a part of your life. You feel alive and joyful not just at home – but also at work.

当你热爱你的工作时,它会是你生活的一部分。你不仅在家里感到舒适快乐——在工作时也会。


5. You would recommend working at your company to your best friend…

5.你会推荐你最好的朋友来你的公司上班……


In fact, you can't stop talking about how cool your company is and the awesome work you're doing even when you're away from work.


事实上,你会抑制不住地谈论你的公司有多酷,你的工作有多帅,即使不在你工作的时间。


6. You enjoy attending meetings.

6.你乐于参加会议。


No, seriously, you enjoy meetings. Why? Because it’s fun to be at the center of thoughtful, challenging discussions that lead to decisions, initiatives, and changes – changes you get to be a part of.


不,我是认真的,你会喜欢开会。为什么?因为在一场有思想的、有挑战性的有关决策、方案和改变的会议中成为核心是相当开心的事情。


7. You don’t think about surviving. You think about winning.

7.你想的不是聊以度日,而是去赢。


You don't worry much about losing your job. You're more worried about not achieving your potential. Not being as impactful as you can.


你并不怎么担心失去工作。你更担心没法发展你的潜能,没能尽可能变得有影响力。


8. You see your manager as a person you work with, not for.

8.你把你的主管看成是一个与你共事的人,而非你为之打工的人。


You feel valued. You feel respected.


你感觉你的价值得到了肯定。感到获得了尊重。


You feel trusted.


你感到获得了信任。


9. You don’t want to let your coworkers down.

9.不想让你的同事失望。


Not because you’ll get in trouble or get a bad performance review, but because you admire them – and you want them to admire you.


这不是因为你会有麻烦或是绩效评估很差,而是因为你欣赏他们——你也希望他们欣赏你。


10. You hardly ever look at the clock.

10.从来不看钟。


You’re too busy making things happen. When you do look at the clock, you often find that the time has flown.


你忙于办事,当你看钟时,你总是觉得时光飞逝。


11. You view success in terms of fulfillment and gratification – not just promotions and money.

11.你看重成功带来的满足和喜悦——而不仅仅是升职和金钱。


Everyone wants to be promoted. Everyone wants to earn more.

每个人都希望获得晋升。每个人都希望赚更多钱。


You definitely feel that way too… but somewhere along the way your job has come to mean a lot more to you than just a paycheck. And if you left this job, even if for a lot higher salary… you would still miss it.


你当然也那么想……但在某些时候你的工作对你来说不仅仅意味着一张工资单。而当你离开这份工作时,及时你面对着高得多的薪水……还是会想念它的。


12. You think, “I hope I get to…” instead of, “I hope I don’t have to…”

12.你这么想:“我希望我能够……”而不是“我希望我可以不用……”


When you love your job it’s like peeling an onion. There are always more layers to discover and explore.


做你喜欢的工作就像剥一个洋葱,总是有更多层等着你去探索和发现。


When you hate your job it’s also like peeling an onion – but all you discover are more tears.


做你讨厌的工作也像剥一个洋葱——但是你发现的只有眼泪而已。


13. You help without thinking.

13.你会不假思索地提供帮助。


You like seeing your colleagues succeed, so it’s second nature to help them out. You pitch in automatically.


你喜欢看着同事获得成功,因此帮助他们是非常自然的。你会主动做出贡献。


And they do the same for you.


他们也一样对你。


14. You don’t think about retirement… because retirement sounds boring…

14.你不会考虑退休的事……因为退休听上去很无聊……



…and a lot less fulfilling.


……也远远不够充实。


How many of the above statements apply to you and your job?


以上这些描述有几条是和你的情况一样的呢?


If you said:


0-3: You may want to find a new job. Life is too short.


4-6: You don't hate your job... but you don't love it either. What can you do differently?


7-10: You really enjoy your job and the people you work with

11-14: You are deeply, madly in love with your job! (and your friends are jealous!)


0-3条:你或许想要找个新工作了。人生苦短啊。


4-6条:你不讨厌你的工作……但你也不喜欢。你怎样才能改变这种情况呢?


7-10条:你真的很喜欢你的工作,以及和你共事的人们。


11-14条:你深深地、疯狂地爱着你的工作!(简直令你的朋友们嫉妒!)


微信名:每日学英语

微信号:daily-english

关注微信,让英语学习成为一种习惯。

本站是提供个人知识管理的网络存储空间,所有内容均由用户发布,不代表本站观点。请注意甄别内容中的联系方式、诱导购买等信息,谨防诈骗。如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击一键举报
从APP上打开文章,阅读全文并永久保存 查看更多类似文章
来自:苹果浪子  > 待分类
举报
[荐]  原创奖励计划来了,万元大奖等你拿!
猜你喜欢
类似文章
英语文摘 | 过分在意别人的看法 你中枪了么?
十六句常用英语自我介绍,你确定不来收藏?
999句常用英语
外企求职必备:招聘面试会用到的英语对话
Interview Q&A - 小时候,我有一个梦想,就是要当一个伟大的音乐家,从来都没有...
没工作经验怎么办 四招变成“经验派”
更多类似文章 >>
生活服务
绑定账号成功
后续可登录账号畅享VIP特权!
如果VIP功能使用有故障,
可点击这里联系客服!