打开APP
userphoto
未登录

开通VIP,畅享免费电子书等14项超值服

开通VIP
奥黛丽·赫本家中专访,我从不相信所谓的“美貌”或“天赋”

跟明星学英语

奥黛丽·赫本

Audrey Hepburn Interview

01

词汇提炼

01. have great doubts about

非常怀疑

She always has great doubts about her looks.

她总是非常怀疑自己的外貌。/她总是容貌焦虑。

02. so-called

adj. 所谓的

That’s just an opinion of a so-called “expert”.

那只是一个所谓的专家的意见。

03. collected

adj. 镇静,冷静

She always stays cool and collected in a crisis.

危急关头,她总能保持冷静,处之泰然。

04. inside

n. & adv. 里面;内心

You just don’t understand how I feel inside!

你不懂我内心的感受!

05. picture

n. 电影

I believe her husband is in pictures.

我觉得她老公是在电影圈工作。

06. unknown

n. 不出名的人

An unknown played the leading role.

主角是一个没什么名气的人。

07. qualification

n. 合格,达到标准

One of the qualifications you need is a sense of humor.

你要具备的条件之一是幽默感。

08.gesture

n. 姿态,表示

He did that as a gesture of friendship.

他那么做是为了表示友好。

09.make believe

假装;假扮

Let’s make believe (that) we’re pirates.

我们假扮海盗吧。

10.coincidence

n. 巧合

What a coincidence! I wasn’t expecting to see you here.

真巧啊!我没想到会在这里遇见你。

02

好句分享

关于平衡家庭和工作

I’ve always cared terribly about my private life.

我总是非常在乎自己的私生活。

But I was there, so, I think that’s already something.

但我一直陪伴着他们,这就足够了。

关于成功

One can never say that luck and coincidence are the only two factors who (that) made you an actress.

我们永远不能说你成为演员只是运气和巧合。

Audrey Hepburn Interview

中英字幕

向上滑动阅览

Hepburn: I’ve always had great doubts about myself, about my looks, about my talent or so-called talent.

我总是对自己非常怀疑,怀疑自己的外貌、天赋,或者说所谓的天赋。

And so I’ve never believed much of it.

所以我从不相信这些。

I believe the results. And I’m very happy with them.

我只相信结果。我对所取得的成就很满意。

But it didn’t… I didn’t change.

但是它没有……我并没有改变。

Interviewer: You’ve always been as cool and collected as you are now?

你总是像现在这样这么淡定吗?

Hepburn: I don’t know. You call it cool and collected.

我不知道,你觉得我很淡定。

I’m not that cool and collected on the inside.

但其实内心并没有。

Interviewer: Your mother was… once called you an ugly duckling.

你的母亲曾经叫你丑小鸭。

Hepburn: Yes, well she was right, you know,

是的,她当时是对的。

except that the ugly duckling grows into a beautiful swan, which didn’t happen to me.

但是丑小鸭最后变成了天鹅,但这没有发生在我身上。

Interviewer: Throughout a movie career spending more than three decades,

拥有三十多年的电影生涯,

you’ve made relatively few films, 25?

你演的电影,相对来说并没有很多,总共演过25部?

Hepburn: You’ve counted very well. I think it’s about that.

你数得很准,差不多就是这个数。

Interviewer: Is there a specific reason for that?

有什么特殊的原因吗?

Hepburn: Yes. Because I’m still the same way.

是的,我还是保持初心。

But I’ve always cared terribly about my private life.

但我总是非常在乎自己的私生活。

And once I had my boys, I wanted to spend a lot of time with them.

我儿子出生后,我想花更多时间陪他们。

So, what I did before my children were born is

我儿子出生前,

that I would do maybe two pictures in a year and then take a year off.

我一年就拍两部电影,然后休息一年。

Because I never quite understand how you could be a good wife and be gone all the time making a movie.

因为我很难理解,一直在外面拍电影的话,怎么能成为一位好妻子呢。

Any the less than I could understand how you could be a mother,

又如何能成为一位好母亲呢。

and, if you can’t take your children with you and you’re not making the pictures at home,

如果你不能带着孩子去拍电影,也不能在家拍电影。

so I didn’t want to leave my children, didn’t want to leave my husband.

因此,我不想离开孩子们和丈夫。

And so that’s why I didn’t work very much.

这就是我不经常工作的原因。

And especially once my little son started going to school.

尤其是当我的小儿子开始上学后。

Because when he was smaller, he came with me.

他从小就一直跟着我。

But once he started to go to school, I stayed home too.

他开始上学后,我也待在家里了。

Interviewer: Looking back to that period, your career left you enough room to be a good mother?

回顾那段时期,你的事业有留给你充足的空间让你成为一位好母亲吗?

Hepburn: Good mother is, you know, only…, who can tell what a good mother is?

好的母亲是……谁能说得清怎样才算是一位好母亲呢?

Interviewer: Yes.

确实是,说不清。

Hepburn: But I was there, so, I think that’s already something.

但我一直陪伴着他们,这就足够了。

Interviewer: One of the biggest dreams you had when you were young was being a ballerina.

你年轻时的最大梦想之一是成为一名芭蕾舞演员。

Where did it end?

结果怎么样了?

Hepburn: Where did the ballerina end?

芭蕾舞梦想结局如何?

Well, one thing I knew when I was young is that I had to work, and I loved dancing.

好吧,有一点可以肯定的是,我年轻的时候必须要工作,我热爱跳舞。

And I started ballet in Holland during the war.

战争期间,我在荷兰学习芭蕾舞。

And after the war, 2, 3 years after the war, went to England,

战争结束两三年后,我去了英格兰,

to London with a scholarship to the Rambert ballet school.

凭借奖学金去了伦敦的蓝伯特芭蕾舞学校。

I did that for 2, 3 years and did musicals and so forth in London.

我在伦敦跳了两三年的芭蕾,也有出演音乐剧。

I always needed an extra penny.

我总是想多赚钱。

So I was always doing extra jobs on television and modeling and so forth.

所以总是接更多工作,上电视、做模特等。

And suddenly one day, I had a little bit in a movie and so forth.

然后突然有一天,我出演了一部电影。

And there was a wonderful gentleman called William Wyler,

有位名叫William Wyler的优秀绅士,

who was looking for an unknown,

他正在找一位不出名的演员,

which was my only qualification for “Roman Holiday”.

正是我唯一符合《罗马假日》的条件了。

And he left orders with an English directorial authority Dickinson to tests (test) lots of young people.

他让一位名叫Dickinson的英国导演面试了很多年轻人,

I was one of them. And I got the part.

我也在其中,最终我得到了那个角色。

Interviewer: And you got an Oscar immediately for your first part in an important movie.

然后很快你就凭借在这部重要电影中的角色获得了奥斯卡奖。

Hepburn: That’s incredible, isn’t it, for my first real movie?

太不可思议了是不是,对于我的首部电影来说?

I had done other movies but smaller parts.

我也拍过其他电影,但都是比较小的角色。

Interviewer: Yes.

是的。

Hepburn (from the movie): Just cut, thank you.

剪就行,谢谢。

Interviewer: What was a haircut necessary for? Because it was, I was too young to realize what happened.

一个发型有什么必要吗?我那时太年轻了,没搞清楚发生了什么。

Hairdresser (from the movie) : Where?

剪到哪里?

Hepburn(from the movie): There.

那里。

Hairdresser (from the movie) : There. How are you sure, Miss?

那里。小姐,你确定吗?

Hepburn(from the movie): I’m quite sure, thank you.

非常确定,谢谢。

Hepburn: You never saw Roman Holiday.

你从没看过《罗马假日》。

Well, one of her sort of more defiant gestures that this princess makes … in the picture is to cut off her hair.

电影中公主的一个叛逆的举动就是剪掉头发。

Because she wants to be like the other girls.

因为她想像其他女孩一样。

And actually, it caused a bit of fuel especially in Japan with a film which was an enormous success, still is today.

实际上,这部非常成功的电影引起了一些愤怒情绪,尤其是在日本,但不管是过去还是现在,都是这样。

Because there, all girls had very long hair and it was part of the tradition,

因为在日本,所有女孩都留长发,这是一种传统,

and they all cut off their hair and I was held responsible.

她们后来都剪了短发,人们认为都是我的原因。

To bring it back to pictures, clothes, per se, the costume whether it’s modern is … is terribly important to me, has … always has been.

说回到电影,服饰或者说戏服,是否时兴对我来说太重要了,一直都是。

Perhaps because I didn’t have any technique for acting when I started,

也许是因为刚开始时我没有任何演技可言,

because I’d never learned to act.

因为我从未上过表演课,

I had to sort of make believe like children do.

我需要像孩子们那样通过装扮让自己相信。

You know how children get dressed up and make believe they’re somebody and-or a grown-up.

孩子们装扮时,他们会觉得自己变成了另一个人。成年人也是如此。

Interviewer: Like I get dressed and make believe that I’m an interviewer.

就像我收拾得当,就感觉自己像个采访者了。

Hepburn: That’s right.

是这样的。

Uh… you can’t for instance, act the 17th century.

额,比如,你没办法演成17世纪,

Nor can you really act a nun or act very rich or act very poor.

或者真的演成一位修女,亦或是演得很富有或很贫穷。

That’s something …you are a human being and your feelings are the ones you act,

你是一个人,你的情感支配着你去演戏,

but you can dress 17th century,

但是你可以穿成17世纪的感觉,

and this way the audience knows who you are and what you are.

这样的话,观众们会知道你演得是一个什么样的人、是做什么的。

Interviewer: Fashion has played a big part in your career, throughout your career.

在你的整个演艺生涯中,时尚占据了很重要的位置,贯穿始终。

Hepburn: In my life.

这一辈子都是。

Interviewer:In your life.

对的,人生中也是如此。

One can never say that luck and coincidence are the only two factors who (that) made you an actress.

我们永远不能说你成为演员只是运气和巧合。

Hepburn: Mostly.

基本上是吧。

Interviewer: You wanted to become an actress as well, didn’t you?

你想成为一名演员对吧?

Hepburn: No, no, no. I wanted to be a dancer. I still do. It still is my dream.

不不不,我想成为一名舞者。时至今日仍然还是我的梦想。

And I must say when I go to the ballet,

不得不说我去看芭蕾舞时,

I’m so emotional and moved by beautiful ballet.

我非常激动,会被美丽的芭蕾舞打动。

本站仅提供存储服务,所有内容均由用户发布,如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击举报
打开APP,阅读全文并永久保存 查看更多类似文章
猜你喜欢
类似文章
【热】打开小程序,算一算2024你的财运
【经典文章】爱因斯坦:我的世界观(中英文对照)
阅读正文
[转贴]于丹伦敦街头撒泼记
外研版必修3高一模块测评英语试卷2(带解析)_7
always believe in yourself
反意疑问句分类归纳
更多类似文章 >>
生活服务
热点新闻
分享 收藏 导长图 关注 下载文章
绑定账号成功
后续可登录账号畅享VIP特权!
如果VIP功能使用有故障,
可点击这里联系客服!

联系客服