A: OK, put the bags in the kitchen. I want to add up what we've spent.
好的,把袋子放进厨房里。我加一加看看我们花了多少。
B: I think we've spent too much.
我想我们花的太多了。
A: Well, it's better to have good food than to buy cheap things. And the supermarket is cheaper than the local store.
嗯,买上好的事物可比买便宜的东西好多了。而且超市要比就近的商店要便宜。
B: But then we have to travel further.
但我们要走很远才能到超市啊。
A: I still think it makes sense.
我还是觉得很划算。
B: Well, let's see what we've got. Have you got the receipts?
嗯,我们看看都买了什么。你有小票吗?
A: Yes, here they are. Remember, we went to the Post Office as well. I bought a book of twelve stamps, that was three dollars fifty cents.
有,给你。记得吗,我们还去了趟邮局。我买了本有十二枚邮票的书,花了3.5美元。
B: And we posted Ingrid's airmail letter.
我们还替英格里德寄了航空邮件。
A: Yes, that was quite expensive, two dollars forty cents.
是的,很贵呢,2.4美元。
B: So we need to add on five dollars ninety cents to our supermarket bill.
所以我们得在超市的账单上再加5.9美元。
A: We bought a lot of nice things though. Look at these lovely strawberries.
不过我们买了很多不错的东西。看看这些新鲜漂亮的草莓。
B: How much were they?
它们花了多少钱。
A: One ninety-nine.
1.99美元。
B: We bought cream to go with them. That was a bit much.
因为草莓我们还买了奶油。那也太多了吧。
A: Only eighty cents for a big carton. We deserve it. We work hard.
80美分买一大盒子。我们花这些应该的。我们工作很努力。
B: I'll have to work even harder to stay slim!
我为了保持苗条的身材得更加努力了。
A: You look great! Let's look at the receipt. The washing-powder was on special offer.
你看起来很棒!我们看看发票吧。洗衣粉打特价呢。
B: Yes, that was a bargain. Three dollars thirty-eight for that large box. The chicken was expensive, six dollars seventy-nine pence.
是的,买的很便宜。3.38美元买了一大盒子。鸡肉有点贵,花了6.79美元。
A: But it will last for three days. I can make a lemon chicken, some curry and there will be some left over for salad. Three meals!
但我们能吃三天。我可以做柠檬鸡,还有咖喱鸡肉,做完了还能剩下点做沙拉。能做三顿呢。
B: You're a great cook. That helps a lot.
你真是个做菜的高手。真是帮了不少忙。
A: Thanks. I like cooking. When I look at the list I think we've done quite well. Almost 20 bucks, but we've got several good meals, some treats, fruit, and things for the house.
谢谢。我喜欢做饭。我看了看小票,我认为咱们买的东西很好。花了快20美元,但我们买到了好几顿饭的东西,一些小零食,还有水果,家里用的东西。
B: And the frozen things will last a long time. The fish was only two dollars thirty cents.
这些冷冻食品能放很长时间。鱼只花了2.3美元。
A: Let's have that now. I'll cook the chicken later - after we've had the strawberries and cream!
我们现在做鱼吃吧。我后面再做鸡肉,等吃了草莓和奶油吧。
本站仅提供存储服务,所有内容均由用户发布,如发现有害或侵权内容,请
点击举报。