Key Sentences(重点句子)
Can I help you,sir?
要点儿什么,先生?
Yes,but may I have a look first?
噢,我可以先看看吗?
You have so many antiques and Chinese paintings here.
你这儿有这么多古玩和中国画。
Are they genuine?
它们是真品吗?
All our reproductions are clearly marked and priced.
所有复制品都有明确的标志和标价。
They are sold at a fair price.
它们都以公平的价格出售。
May I see that ivory horse?
我可以看看那个乳白色的马吗?
It's genuine,I bet.
我敢断定,它是真品。
It's made of genuine ivory,besides,it's of exquisite workmanship.
它是由真象牙做的,而且做工精细。
The price is marked 200 yuan.
标价200元。
I'll take it.
我买了。
I'm interested in Chinese antiques.
我对中国古董感兴趣。
We have a great variety of Chinese antiques.
我们有各种各样的中国古董。
We have landscape painting,figure painting and flower and-bird painting.
我们有山水画、人物画和花鸟画。
I'd like a flower-and-bird painting.
我想要一幅花鸟画。
How about this picture of cranes with pine trees?
您看这幅松鹤画如何?
It was painted by a famous Chinese painter in Qing Dynasty.
这是中国清代的一位著名画家画的。
Oh,they look just like live cranes.
哦,这些仙鹤看上去就像真的一样。
And what is more,in traditional Chinese thinking,cranes and pine trees symbolize longevity.
还有,按照中国的传统观念,仙鹤与松树都是长寿的象征。
Dialogue A
A:Can I help you,sir?
B:Yes,but may I have a look first?
A:Certainly.
B:You have so many antiques and Chinese paintings here. Are they genuine?
A:No. Not all of them. All our reproductions are clearly marked and priced. They are sold at a fair price.
B:May I see that ivory horse?It's genuine,I bet.
A:Yes,you can be sure. It's made of genuine ivory,besides,it's of exquisite workmanship.
B:You are right. How much does it cost?
A:The price is marked 200 yuan.
B:It's a fair price. I'll take it.
Dialogue B
Shop Assistant:Good morning,sir. Could I be of any service to you?
Customer:Good morning. I'm interested in Chinese antiques,Have you got any good ones?
Assistant:Yes,we have a great variety of Chinese antiques. Are you looking for something special?
Customer:I want to see some traditional Chinese paintings.
Assistant:Well,we have landscape painting,figure painting and flower-and-bird painting. Which do you like best?
Customer:I'd like a flower-and-bird painting.
Assistant:Good. How about this picture of cranes with pine trees?It was painted by a famous Chinese painter in Qing Dynasty.
Customer:Oh,they look just like live cranes. I like this picture very much.
Assistant:And what is more,in traditional Chinese thinking,cranes and pine trees symbolize longevity.
Customer:That sounds very interesting. How much is it?
Assistant:Eight thousand yuan.
Customer:It's a lot of money,but the picture is excellent. I'll take it.
Assistant:All right. Please keep this invoice. You'll need it when you go through the Customs.
Customer:Thank you.
Words and Expressions
antique n. 古物,古器,古玩
genuine a. 真正的;名副其实的
ivory a. ①象牙色的,乳白色的
② 象牙制成的
exquisite a. 精巧的,精致的
workmanship n. 做工;工艺
crane n. 鹤
symbolize vt. 象征
Key Sentences(重点句子)
You're made a good choice. This china tea set is unusual.
您真是好眼力,这种茶具不同寻常。
It was made in Jingdezhen.
这种茶具产于景德镇。
This is the very thing I've been dreaming of.
这真是我梦寐以求的。
Jingdezhen?Isn't it called“the capital of porcelain”?
景德镇,它不是被称为瓷都吗?
It is the best quality procelain—the famous egg-shell China.
这种瓷器质量最好,是著名的薄胎瓷器。
It must be most precious.
那肯定十分昂贵。
No wonder it's so expensive.
怪不得这么贵。
Where do these flower vases come from?
这些花瓶是哪里生产的?
The flower vases are made of porcelain and covered with tiny bamboo sticks.
花瓶是瓷器做的,上面有细竹丝。
Are they breakable?
它们容易碎吗?
Do you like such animals woven with bamboo sticks?
您喜欢这种用竹篾编成的动物吗?
Are they light in weight?
它们轻吗?
They are not only ornamental,but also useful.
它们不但具有装饰性,而且是实用的。
Dialogue A
Shop Assistant(A):You've made a good choice. This china tea set is unusual. It was made in Jingdezhen. There are few others like it.
Mrs Bell:It is extremely beautiful. This is the very thing I've been dreaming of.
Mr Bell:Jingdezhen?Oh I know it. Isn't it called“the capital of porcelain”?
A:Yes,sir. Is there anything else you want,sir and madam?
Mr bell:(Points to a set of blue and white porcelain tableware)It's of perfect Chinese traditional design,isn't it?
A:Yes,indeed. It is the best quality porcelain-the famous egg-shell china. It is not for use,but for show. It is also made in Jingdezhen.
Mr Bell:Oh,it must be most precious. Can I have a look?
A:Yes,sir. It is known to be“as white as jade and as thinas paper”
Mr Bell:No wonder it's so expensive. I'll take it.
A:Shall I wrap them together or separately?
Mrs Bell:Separately,please. What do they come to in round figures?
A:Altogether 356 yuan.
Mrs Bell:Here is 360 yuan.
Shop Assistant:(Counting money)Sir,there are thirty notes of ten yuan and six notes of five yuan so it is 330 yuan in all. Would you please check it,sir?
Mr Bell:I'm awfully sorry. I've made a mistake. I took five for ten. Here's another thirty yuan.
Dialogue B
(A:shop assistant B:Mr Jones C:Mrs Jones)
B:(to A)Where do these flower vases come from?What are they made of?
A:They come from Jiangxi Province. The flower vases are made of porcelain and covered with tiny bamboo sticks.
B:Are they breakable?
A:No,if you take some care when you use them.
B:Oh,I see. (to C)Do you like such animals woven with bamboo sticks?
C:Let me see. Lions,camels,elephants,deer…I like the camels best. (to A) Are they light in weight?
A:Yes,they are. They are not only ornamental,but also useful. You can put things inside. You see,you can takethe lid off.
C:Well,we'll buy a camel.
Words and Expressions
porcelain n. 瓷;[总称]瓷器
tiny a. 极小的;微小的
camel n. 骆驼
deer n. 鹿
ornamental a. 装饰的 n. 装饰品
lid n. 盖子
china n. 瓷器
egg-shell n. 蛋壳(色)(~china)薄胎瓷器
▼ 逛街的冲动
我们去逛街好不装。 Why don't we go window-shopping?
=Shall we go window-shopping?
◆Let's go window-shopping! 我们去逛街吧!
我想去买件新西装。 I want to get a new suit.
A: I want to get a new suit.
我想去买件新西装。
B: Let's go to Onshow Store.
我们去昂秀商场。
货比三家绝对有必要。 Shopping around is really a must.
◆Do shop around before making up your mind.
先货比三家再拿主意。
◆We shop around before buying.
购买之前,我们先比比各家的货。
◆Prices are different, so shop around by all means.
价格都不一样,所以不管怎样先货比三家。
我在列购物清单。 I'm making a shopping list.
◆List all the items you need from the store.
把你要买的物品列在购物单上。
◆She went to the shop with the shopping list.
她拿着购物单去买东西。
家里茶叶和咖啡不多了吧? Are we short of tea and coffee?
◆We haven't got many potatoes. 我们的土豆快吃完了。
◆The next item on the list should be some toilet tissue. 我们需要买一些卫生纸。
◆We need a lot of things this week.
这个星期我们需要购买许多东西。
A: Are we short of tea and coffee?
家里茶叶和咖啡不多了吧?
B: Oh, yes. We have got much tea and coffee.
噢,对了。我们还要买些茶叶和咖啡。
▼试穿与试用
你可以试用一下。 You can try some.
A: Could I have a look at this facial cream?
我能看一下这个面霜吗?
B: Sure. You can try some. 好的,你可以试用一下。
我想试试这一件。 I want to try this on.
◆May I try it on? 我可以试穿吗?
A: I want to try this on. 我想试试这件。
B: Sure. Let me help you.当然可以,我来帮您。
试衣间在哪儿? Where is the fitting room?
=Where is the dressing room?
A: Where is the fitting room? 试衣间在哪儿?
B: Just behind you. 就在你的身后。
这刚好符合我的尺寸。 This is just my size.
◆It fits me well. 很合身。
A: How does it fit? 穿起来很合身吗?
B: This is just my size. 这刚好符合我的尺寸。
我穿着太小。 It's too small for me.
◆It's too big for me. 我穿着太大。
◆It's too short. 太短了。
◆It's too long. 太长了。
◆It's a little tight. 有点儿紧。
◆It's a little loose. 有点儿松。
这一件有尺寸小一点的吗? Do you have this in a smaller size?
◆Do you have this in a larger size?
这一件有尺寸大一点的吗?
A: Do you have this in a smaller size?
这一件有尺寸小一点的吗?
B: I'm sorry. We don't have that in your size.
对不起,我们没有您要的尺寸。
如果穿起来不合身,可以来换吗? Can I exchange it if it doesn't fit?
A: Can I exchange it if it doesn't fit?
如果穿起来不合身,可以来换吗?
B: Sure. But just keep the receipt, please.
可以。但您得保存好收据。
您能把这条牛仔裤修改一下吗? Could I have my jeans hemmed, please?
=Would you please alter my jeans for me?
什么时候能改完? When will it be ready?
A: When will it be ready? 什么时候能改好?
B: In two days. 两天后。
联系客服