打开APP
userphoto
未登录

开通VIP,畅享免费电子书等14项超值服

开通VIP
The Little Prince_畅销小说_小说

The first time he saw my airplane, for instance (I shall not draw my airplane; that would be much too complicated for me), he asked me:

例如,当他第一次瞅见我的飞机时(我就不画出我的飞机了, 因为这种图画对我来说太复杂),他问我道:

'What is that object?'

这是个啥玩艺?”

'That is not an object. It flies. It is an airplane. It is my airplane.'

这不是‘玩艺儿’。它能飞。这是飞机。是我的飞机。”

And I was proud to have him learn that I could fly.

我当时很骄傲地告诉他我能飞。

He cried out, then:

于是他惊奇地说道:

'What! You dropped down from the sky?'

怎么?你是从天上掉下来的?”

'Yes,' I answered, modestly.

是的”。我谦逊地答道。

'Oh! That is funny!'

啊?这真滑稽。”

And the little prince broke into a lovely peal of laughter, which irritated me very much. I like my misfortunes to be taken seriously.

此时小王子发出一阵清脆的笑声。这使我很不高兴。我要求别人严肃地对待 我的不幸。

Then he added:

然后,他又说道:

'So you, too, come from the sky! Which is your planet?'

那么,你也是从天上来的了!你是哪个星球上的?”

At that moment I caught a gleam of light in the impenetrable mystery of his presence; and I demanded, abruptly:

即刻,对于他是从哪里来的这个秘密我隐约发现到了一点线索;于是,我就 突然问道:

'Do you come from another planet?'

你是从另一个星球上来的吗?”

But he did not reply. He tossed his head gently, without taking his eyes from my plane:

可是他不回答我的问题。他一面看着我的飞机,一面微微地点点头,接着说道:

'It is true that on that you can't have come from very far away…'

可不是么,乘坐这玩艺儿,你不可能是从很远的地方来的……”

And he sank into a reverie, which lasted a long time. Then, taking my sheep out of his pocket, he buried himself in the contemplation of his treasure.

说到这里,他就长时间地陷入沉思之中。然后,从口袋里掏出了我画的小羊, 看着他的宝贝入了神。

You can imagine how my curiosity was aroused by this half-confidence about the 'other planets.' I made a great effort, therefore, to find out more on this subject.

你们可以想见这种关于别的星球”的若明若暗的话语使我心里多么好奇。 因此我竭力地想知道其中更多的奥秘。

'My little man, where do you come from? What is this 'where I live,' of which you speak? Where do you want to take your sheep?'

你是从哪里来的,我的小家伙?你的家在什么地方?你要把我的小羊带到 哪里去?”

After a reflective silence he answered:

他沉思了一会,然后回答我说:

'The thing that is so good about the box you have given me is that at night he can use it as his house.'

好在有你给我的那只箱子,夜晚可以给小羊当房子用。”

'That is so. And if you are good I will give you a string, too, so that you can tie him during the day, and a post to tie him to.'

那当然。如果你听话的话,我再给你画一根绳子,白天可以栓住它。再加 上一根扦杆。”

But the little prince seemed shocked by this offer:

我的建议看来有点使小王子反感。

'Tie him! What a queer idea!'

栓住它,多么奇怪的主意。”

'But if you don't tie him,' I said, 'he will wander off somewhere, and get lost.'

如果你不栓住它,它就到处跑,那么它会跑丢的。”

My friend broke into another peal of laughter:

我的这位朋友又笑出了声: 

'But where do you think he would go?'

你想要它跑到哪里去呀?”

'Anywhere. Straight ahead of him.'

不管什么地方。它一直往前跑……”

Then the little prince said, earnestly:

这时,小王子郑重其事地说:

'That doesn't matter. Where I live, everything is so small!'

这没有什么关系,我那里很小很小。”

And, with perhaps a hint of sadness, he added:

接着,他略带伤感地又补充了一句:

'Straight ahead of him, nobody can go very far…'

一直朝前走,也不会走出多远……”

本站仅提供存储服务,所有内容均由用户发布,如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击举报
打开APP,阅读全文并永久保存 查看更多类似文章
猜你喜欢
类似文章
【热】打开小程序,算一算2024你的财运
双语名作欣赏:《小王子》4
儿童简笔画(280张图)之一
小王子The Little Prince
Depressed Little Prince
小王子(英文版)
经典英语童话故事:海的女儿(双语)
更多类似文章 >>
生活服务
热点新闻
分享 收藏 导长图 关注 下载文章
绑定账号成功
后续可登录账号畅享VIP特权!
如果VIP功能使用有故障,
可点击这里联系客服!

联系客服