For sale: baby shoes, never used.
转卖:婴鞋,全新。
这是海明威在上个世纪20年代写下的一个故事,虽然只有短短六个字,却给人留下无限想象空间。
在这个故事的启发下,Reddit网站发起一项名为“六字小说”(Six Words Stories)的活动,要求参与的创作者要用六个英文单词来讲述一个故事。下面选编了网站得票率较高的作品,读下来每个都有点虐心。
I killed my dad’s only child.
我杀了父亲唯一的一个孩子。
-
Introduced myself to mother again today.
今天又向妈妈介绍了自己。
-
My father finally quit smoking forever.
我的父亲终能永远戒烟了。
Sorry soldier, shoes sold in pairs.
对不起士兵,鞋子按双出售。
-
Hearse driver. Finally driven to work.
灵车司机终于可以坐车去上班了。
-
Six floors down, he regretted it.
还剩六层时,他后悔了。
Finally spoke to her. Left flowers.
在我终能向她倾诉后。我留了一束花在那。
-
Son hit me. Grandson watched carefully.
儿子在打我,小孙子在一旁注视着。
-
Everybody liked him, nobody loved him.
谁都喜欢他,没有人爱他。
Cancer. Only three months left. Pregnant.
癌症。只剩三个月。我怀孕了。
-
“Siri, delete ‘Mom’ from my contacts.”
“Siri,把‘妈妈’从通讯录中删除。”
-
The mortician sighed.
Another old friend.
丧葬者默默叹了口气。又是一位老朋友。
Drank, she left. Quit, friends left.
酗酒,她离开了。戒酒,朋友们不来往了。
-
Shaved my head to match hers.
我剃了光头来和她相配。
-
Mushroom clouds illuminated their first kiss.
蘑菇云点亮了他们的初吻。
Strangers. Friends. Best friends. Lovers. Strangers.
陌生人。朋友。好朋友。爱人。陌生人。
-
Brought roses home. Keys didn’t fit.
带了一束玫瑰回家。但钥匙开不了门。
-
Found love. Didn't tell my wife.
找到真爱了。没有告诉我的妻子。
“Why aren’t we talking anymore?”
Seen
“为什么我们不再和彼此说一句话了?”
已读
-
I met my soulmate. She didn’t.
我遇见了我的梦中情人。但她没有。
-
They lived happily ever after. Separately.
从此他们过上了幸福的生活。分别。
I ate my wedding cake. Alone.
我独自一人吃完了我的结婚蛋糕。
-
What’s your return policy on rings?
你们对戒指有退货政策么?
-
Our dinner date ended with breakfast.
我们的晚餐约会结束于早餐之时。
“I do,” he said, wondering why.
“我愿意。”
他说,但仍思忖着原因。
“I do,” she said, as told.
“我愿意。”
她说,正如她被告知她该说的那样。
-
My sex life requires running shoes.
我的性生活需要一双跑鞋。
You took everything except my apology.
你带走了一切,除了我的道歉。
-
I destroy myself so you can’t.
我已经毁了自己,所以你毁不了我了。
-
Forever only lasted for six months.
“永远”只剩下最后六个月了。
Voyager still transmitted, but Earth didn’t.
旅行者号仍在诉说,但地球没有。
-
Sticks. Spears. Swords. Guns. Nukes. Sticks.
棍棒。长矛。利剑。火枪。核弹。棍棒。
-
“That’s Venus. That’s Mars. That’s home.”
“那儿是金星。那儿是火星。那儿是我们的故乡。”
Examining the cut, she saw wiring.
检查伤口时,她看到的满是电线。
-
Scientists develop first atomic bomb. Again.
科学家们再次造出了这世上第一枚原子弹。
-
Grandpa, what was “the Internet” like?
爷爷,互联网是什么样的?
I attended my funeral. Nobody knew.
我出席了我的葬礼,但没人知道。
-
One bullet was cheaper than therapy.
一枚子弹比治疗要便宜。
-
'Amputation complete!'
'Um…Doctor…wrong leg.'
“截肢完成!”“额…医生…锯错腿了。”
-
They opened the coffin. Scratch marks.
他们打开了棺材。里面尽是抓痕。
-
Me: O; wife: A; baby: AB
我:O型血 妻子:A型血 婴儿:AB型血
-
I started wearing my seatbelt again.
我又开始系安全带了。
-
'I'd kill for you.' 'I did.'
“我要杀死你。”“我已经这么做了。”
-
Suicide letter. No comments. Two downvotes.
自杀遗书。没有评论。两个“踩”。
-
They both cried. Their newborn didn't.
他们都哭了。他们的新生儿却没有。
Lens杂志(微信公号ID:Lensmagazine)
Lens 是一个致力于发现创造与美、探求生活价值、传递人性温暖的文化传播品牌。
联系客服